SELLING PRIVATELY VS SELLING TO US
- Clean and detail your vehicle.
- Take multiple photos of your vehicle.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle you will need to request the pay off amonunt from the lender and make sure that it is paid off before requesting the title.
- Have your title in hand to provide to buyer.
- Research to find out what your vehicle may be worth.
- List your vehicle on multiple places online.
- Pull and pay for CarFax report that you can share with prospective buyers.
TALKING TO PROSPECTIVE BUYERS
- Field phone calls and messages from prospective buyers.
- Schedule appointments to show vechicle.
- Meet with prospective buyers in a safe place.
- Check that prospective buyers have valid insurance before having them test drive the vehicle.
- Be prepared to negotiate with prospective buyers.
- Are you willing to trade vs taking cash for your vehicle.
ONCE YOU'VE GOT A BUYER
- Ask for cash or a cashier's check from the buyer.
- Fill out the title correctly.
- Request a photo of the buyer's driver's license.
- Make sure the buyer registers the vehicle in their name right away.
- Be prepared that the buyer may call at a later date if something should happen to the vehicle.
SELLING TO US
- Contact us.
- Show us your vehicle.
- Receive your check or cash.
If you've got a lien on your vehicle, we will take care of the payoff and processing the title.
IT'S REALLY THAT EASY!
Let us deal with all of this, so you don't have to!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I have to bring my vehicle in to the dealership?
No. For your convenience, we offer a mobile evaluation team that can arrange an appraisal at your home or offsite location of your choice within a ten-mile radius of our new and used car dealership in Crestview, Florida.
We are happy to work with you to schedule a time and place for this appraisal that is convenient for all parties. If you decide to sell your car for cash to our dealership, we can pick it up later, or you can deliver the vehicle to our dealership. You're of course welcome to schedule a time at our dealership.
Can you give me a ride if I sell my vehicle to you?
We are happy to help you with transportation. All we ask is that you let us know of this need in advance so we can ensure the appropriate staff is available.
Does my car need to run and drive?
It depends. Sometimes, we can accept vehicles that do not operate. However, it's very likely that this will significantly alter the value of your vehicle. We recommended that your vehicle is fully operational to maximize its value.
How do I get paid?
We can issue you a check for the full amount of your vehicle's value provided that you are the name on the title. If you have a lien on your used car for sale, you will receive a check for any equity you have that exceeds the 20-day payoff amount.
When do I get paid?
If you are the registered owner of the vehicle and have all of the necessary paperwork with you, you will get paid once all paperwork is finalized. If your vehicle is registered out of state, there might be a hold period to determine if there is a lien on the vehicle.
If we are issuing an equity check to you, you will receive 100% of the value when your vehicle is handed over to David Scott Lee Buick GMC. The equity check is based on a 20-day payoff.
What if I owe more than my car is worth?
You can still sell your car to our dealership, David Scott Lee Buick GMC, but you will be responsible for paying the difference at the time of sale. This difference is calculated as the excess in 20-day payoff on the lien over the vehicle value.
Another popular option is to trade-in your used car and include this difference in the structure of your new car loan.
What do I need to bring with me?
When you arrive at our nearby car dealership to sell your car, you'll need to have the following items with you:
- Title and registration to your car
- Driver’s license or photo ID
- KBB Instant Cash Offer certificate
- Any spare sets of keys
Of course. We apply the cash value of your vehicle towards the purchase price of your purchase. Let our sales team know how they can help you lease or finance a new car after trade-in.